I absolutely LOVE books! My collection has gotten so big, I have run out of space. I used to have most of my books out on baskets around the room . . .but I learned the hard way that not everyone (meaning the little ones) appreciate books like I do. So two years ago, I cleared my closet to make space for them, only taking them out by theme or season. But of course being the forgetful busy person I am, weeks maybe months would pass by before I changed the library and still some of my favorite books were just being destroyed. So I made it my goal to organize my library in a better way. I am not done yet, but here is what I have so far . . . .
This is how my closet looked
(I had already taken out that middle chunk before the pic)
It took me a while but I was able to sort ALL 300+ books by season and/or theme. I just about covered every inch of my classroom floor with books!!!!!
Then I started to organize them. First I looked at my seasons/months. I picked out my favorite read a louds, the ones I would not want the little ones to touch and I filed them in the drawer I have organized by month. The extra ones would be available for their little eyes to read and little hands to touch lol.
* I believe I bought the file folders with Scholastic points*
I had used them to store monthly homework packets, and reproducibles.
The read a louds that did not fit on the file folders, I placed in the back . . . there was more than enough space for them there.
I still have a lot of books to go through but just wanted to share my progress. . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment